Daniele Giovannucci joins an illustrious panel to discuss global food security in this event co-convened by the Nizami Ganjavi International Center, World Academy of Art and Science, and in partnership with the Yunus Centre.
- Moderator: Ismail Serageldin, former Vice President, World Bank and Co-Chair, NGIC and WAAS Fellow
- Muhammad Yunus, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate and Founder, Grameen Bank
- Ameenah Gurib-Fakim, former President of Mauritius
- Petre Roman, former Prime Minister of Romania
- Daniele Giovannucci, President and Co-Founder of The Committee on Sustainability Assessment (COSA)
- Garry Jacobs, President, World Academy of Art and Science
The World Academy of Art and Science serves as a forum for reflective scientists, artists, and scholars dedicated to addressing the pressing challenges confronting humanity today. It was founded in 1960 by eminent intellectuals including Albert Einstein; Robert Oppenheimer (Manhattan Project); Bertrand Russell, Joseph Needham, co-Founder of UNESCO; Lord Boyd Orr, first Director-General of FAO; Brock Chisholm, first Director-General of WHO; and others.
“Strategies for Global Food Security” is one of the WAAS special focus meetings that gathers leading thinkers and practitioners, scientists and policymakers, investors and initiative leaders to discuss scalable solutions, test ideas and propose strategies for meeting humanity’s needs and supporting human development in the context of increasing global pressures of climate change, health crisis and economic distress.
See this event here